Follow these tips to look your summer best.
Summer in New Orleans means hot, humid and sticky weather. All of which can wreak havoc on your skin. Add makeup to the equation, and it can be a formula for disaster. But how do you stay glamorous in the summer heat without breaking a sweat or breaking out?
Beauty and makeup expert Aimee Carr, owner of Voodoo Cosmetics shares her summer makeup tips:
1. Fresh Canvas – Start with clean, fresh, moisturized skin before putting any cosmetics on your face. And, don’t forget the sunscreen.
2. Bare Minimal – Consider wearing only a dense concealer to cover blemishes or blotchy skin for a day look.
3. True Color – Sometimes the occasion calls for more then just wearing a concealer. On those occasions, remember to keep it lightweight so you don’t have a makeup meltdown. The right foundation color will give you the perfect coverage without having to cake on a heavy layer. Choose the correct color by matching it to the neck and jawline.
4. Eye Spy – When sweat, powder and liner mix, it can result in raccoon eyes. Keep it light for the summer. Stick with sheer tones and a soft color palette; skip the eyeliner; and play up the eyes with waterproof mascara.
5. Kissable Lips – Say goodbye to heavy lip colors that feel and look like overkill in the warm weather. The summer trend for lips is bright stain and tinted balm for an easy, breezy, kissable look and feeling.
6. Shine Off – Reduce shine and set your makeup by lightly applying a translucent powder. And throughout the day, use a blotting paper to keep it fresh without layering on any more powder.
7. Blend it All Together – Blending is key to having an overall fresh, flawless and beautiful makeup look that will last through a New Orleans summer day!
Voodoo Makeup – A company that focuses on locally manufactured cosmetics that are gluten-corn-soy free and all natural.
On Model – Foundation: Beige Yellow Bare; Eyes: Cayenne, Stripped; Lips: Trinity; Powder: Powder Light (for highlights); Contour: Back Alley; Blush: Au ‘Natural; Liner: Divine; Mascara: Black
Photographer: Ron Carr
Fashion Stylist: Tracee Dundas
Makeup Artist: Aimee Carr | Voodoo Makeup
Jewelry: Stella & Dot | Kimberly Fricke
Model: Shelby Renee