Bayou Boogaloo, French Quarter,
Strawberry, Jazz, Crawfish and Greek…
These are a few of my favorite things! April, May and June are glorious months, the weather is lovely, spring fashions are in full effect and the festival season commences. New York has Fashion Week (In March, New Orleans had two or three; I am still confused), E! Network has the red carpet, but we have front row grassy patches with folding chairs and blankets to the most outstanding debacle of people watching anyone could witness.
Of course there is Mardi Gras, but those days are all about the costumes. This is real. Below we have created a list to meet all your Festival Fashion needs, weather permitting.
Your complete style guide for all things Festival 2011
Fanny packs and Crocs not included:
• Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher; your dermatologist will thank you
• Oversized plastic framed sunglasses – the cheaper the better
• Floppy wide-brimmed hats – so glamorous this spring
• One statement accessory – earrings, necklace, bracelet or ring. It is usually too hot for anything else.
• Fancy flip flops or a cork wedge sandal – do a road test first for comfort and stability
• Hunter Wellies or other tall rubber boots – check your forecast
• Cotton maxi dress or lightweight sundresses
• Shorter twill shorts in bright colors to pair with …
• Breezy blouses or tees
• Small side saddle tote – packed with Purell, Band-Aids, tissues for the port-a-lets, baby wipes, cash and a fold-up poncho
Get your gear, find your groove and giggle at yourself, your friends and fellow festers.
Remember we left the house this morning and we thought we looked good. Your fellow festival blanket neighbor might be laughing at you.